The production sale of Wesdan Boerdery & Louise Dohne Merino Stud will take place on Wednesday, 24 February 2021 from 11:00 at Canossa, Heilbron. Auction is held under strict Covid-19 safety regulations. Only buyers are allowed day of auction.
575 Top Bonsmara Cattle , consisting of:
– 30 Cows with 30 Calves (possibly 3-in-1).
– 50 Cows (in calf).
– 25 Heifers (in calf: 2018).
– 40 Heifers (in calf).
– 100 Heifer calves.
– 300 Bull calves.
The calves were all vaccinated for lung and airway as well as Quarter Evil. They are weaned 25/01/2021 so they will be dry and adapted for the feedlot. Our calves achieve good results in the feedlot. We have been feeding at Sernick feedlot for several years and slaughter at Country Meats abattoir in Kroonstad. The results of the previous summer’s calves, fed in winter with 500 calves fed: Result % over die oxen and heifers was 62%. The average growth per day was oxen: 2.1kg and heifers 1.9kg with 0% mortality.
* Note: Top Bonsmara Cattle. Gestation status and catalogue information will be available on day of auction.
300 Top Dohne Merino sheep, consisting of:
– 80 Rams (A and AA Rams).
– 250 Young ewes (commercial, in lamb; 2 tooth to 6 tooth; 6 month wool).
Under the auspices of the Dohne Merino Breeders’ Association.
* Note: All sheep vaccinated 10-in-1, Multi Somni, Cydectin LA, Prodose Yellow, Bluetonge A, B and C seperately. Gestation status and catalogue information will be available on day of auction.
– From Heilbron: Drive on the Frankfort tar road for 5km. Turn left on the S160 road. Drive for 15km. Turn left at the farm.
– From Frankfort: Drive on the Heilbron tar road for 45km. Turn right on the S160 road. Drive for 15km. Turn left at the farm.
– From Sasolburg: Drive on the Heilbron tar road for 30km. Turn left on the R1220 road. Drive for 10km until you reach the T-junction. Turn right and drive for 1km. Turn left and drive for 7km until you reach the T-junction. Turn right and drive for 5km. Turn left at the farm.
Bertus Linde: 079 679 1718
Piet Boshoff: 083 210 7135
Danie de Wet (sheep & wool officer): 082 772 4537
Auctioneer: Jan Mostert 083 306 8408
BKBLouwid, FRANKFORT: 058 813 1071